About Bngtechs.com Television is a multiple award winning 24-hour news and media organization which was founded in 1992 by Nigerian veteran broadcasters and business moguls: John Momoh and Sola Momoh. The Company commenced operations in Lagos, south western Nigeria and has since grown to include three other Stations in Abuja, Edo and Kano states. The Company also has bureaus in almost every state in Nigeria, including stringers and affiliates in other parts in Africa.
Operating in Nigeria’s hugely popular broadcast media market, Channels Television is the first and only thriving national TV brand, dedicated solely to the dissemination of news.
Channels TV was established with the aim of cultivating and upholding the highest ideals in reporting the news with objectivity and fairness, as well as satisfying the right of the individual to be informed. The Company was licensed in June 1993 and allocated a frequency on UHF (channel 39). It began transmission two years later under the name, “Channels Television”, and now broadcasts to a well discerning audience of over 20 million people. The Station has earned a reputation as an aggressive news outlet, which provides a balanced account of news coverage.
The establishment of Channels Television as a news Station was in response to the yearning of Nigerians for a TV Station that will among other things:
Give an alternative medium of communication to the government and its policies, and hold public officers accountable to the people;
- Accommodate opposing views;
- Inform and educate the general public on how they are governed, as well as educate them on their civic responsibilities to the state;
- Uphold the ideals of balanced reporting, objectivity, fairness and the right of the individual to be informed.
- Committed to presenting the news with proven facts
- Airing divergent views, irrespective of differences and circumstances.
- Airing News that affects Nigerians.
- Ensuring we give the people a voice