LAGOS – Comrade Debo Adeniran, Chairman of the Centre for Anti-Corruption and Open Leadership (CACOL), has disclosed that his organisation and the Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) have commenced the sensitisation of Nigerians ahead of the 2023 general elections to inculcate in them the virtues of the integrity of the electoral process.
Speaking to Daily Independent in Lagos on Wednesday, Addeniran, who said the project was with the support of the MacArthur Foundation, would also centre on anti-corruption and accountability in elections even at the grassroots level.
Speaking on the project tagged: ‘Prioritising Anti-Corruption and Accountability Issues During the Upcoming 2023 Elections’, Adeniran said the goals included reducing corruption in the country by bolstering support for anti-corruption and social inclusion among critical groups and strengthening policies and programmes for anti-corruption in the country.
Ejikeme Omenazu, a versatile journalist, is currently a Senior Politics Correspondent with Independent Newspapers Limited. Every Editor’s delight, he has a knack for news and a flair for features and conducts interviews with depth.
- WHO Steps Up Its Engagement With Kogi State Govt On Outbreak Response, Health Security
- Thomas Tuchel Explains Romelu Lukaku Substitution At Brentford
- PTAD receives repatriated £26.5m domiciled abroad
- Emir of Bungudu freed after 32 days in captivity
- Police investigate 7 officers for extorting passengers in Kogi