Nollywood actress, Mary Lazarus has narrated how she was exploited and milked during the burial of her mother in the eastern part of Nigeria.
Lazarus, in a lengthy narration on her Instagram page on Wednesday said planning an Igbo burial is the most stressful thing ever.
She said people that were never part of one’s life were demanding things they could not afford and looking for ways to milk one dry.
“Imagine, after doing mumsy’s Service of Songs in Lagos, they told us we must repeat it in the village. In this order: Service of Songs, Wake Keep, Burial day, a Thanksgiving, and people must eat on each of these four days o.
“On the burial day, a woman came in saying ‘Oh you must serve reverend food before corpse get to the church.’ She started mentioning…Eba separate, soup separate, rice, chicken, meat, drinks, pepper soup,even Nkwobi. How did you know we cooked all these. Nne I know…That’s how it’s done…,” she lamented.
Read the rest below
- WHO Steps Up Its Engagement With Kogi State Govt On Outbreak Response, Health Security
- Thomas Tuchel Explains Romelu Lukaku Substitution At Brentford
- PTAD receives repatriated £26.5m domiciled abroad
- Emir of Bungudu freed after 32 days in captivity
- Police investigate 7 officers for extorting passengers in Kogi